Monday, February 23, 2009

Warm Fuzzies

So a post or two ago I blogged about foetus scientist and their possible plagiarism.  It turns out after I read the lit review - it was just bad writing and not understanding the project or the field very well at all - rather than purposeful plagiarism.  I talked to fs made it abundantly clear what needed to happen I think I repeated myself about four times in one email (I emailed the lit review back to them with appended comments) - I even used italics and exclamation marks.  I think they got the point - they have a practice 10 minute presentation soon - we shall see.


Figure 1: 
H o w E p p e 
n d o r k c 
u r r e n 
t l y f 
eel
s.

Apart from that I am just tired - I have been doing my best sponge impersonation - some of it is working.  I am also currently thinking I need glasses I am finding it hard to read text on the computer screen from more than 30 cms away these days.  I turned the text size up and I am currently sitting about 30 cms away from it and it is nice and clear.  Joy - another gem of my old age.

E.

3 comments:

Toaster Sunshine said...

My $0.02 is that you can be a sponge as long as you'd like so long as you do not don square pants and get really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really very really really really quite really really really really really very very very very very very really really really really really very quite really annoying.

Juniper Shoemaker said...

I am also currently thinking I need glasses I am finding it hard to read text on the computer screen from more than 30 cms away these days.

This is happening to me. The optometrist cheerfully tells me that as an "educated person", I'm likely to make myself more nearsighted by the year. "This is just the beginning!"

I'm sorry you're so tired. I hope you recharge soon.

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Hope you're having a restful weekend. I feel your pain re. eyesight. I have a hard time reading words on my own slides when I'm at the very back of the classroom, even though my students say they are very easy to read. Guess we both need to head to the eye doc!